I’m a published author, translator and content consultant. I started one of the first weblogs in Germany around 1999 and I have two books out which received a lot of praise in the press.
If you’re interested in translating any of my books into another language you should contact my agent Aenne Glienke.
You can download a PDF of my CV over here.
About my books:
“Phantastic Rebel – The life of Alexander Moritz Frey or Hitler shoots dramatically in the air “
“Hitler’s years in the German army during World War I have long been a mystery due to the lack of eyewitness accounts. Now a memoir written by a forgotten German author of fantastic literature has been rediscovered — and sheds new light on the Führer.” (Spiegel International)
ENGLISH PRESS RELEASE FOR THE BOOK – DOWNLOAD PDF
THE RED ELVIS The strange story of Dean Reed, socialisms biggest popstar
RED SUEDE SHOES – Dean Reed, The Iron Curtain Elvis – The American pop singer Dean Reed was a superstar in the communist bloc, but unknown outside it. A new documentary tells the bizarre story of “The Red Elvis. (Review of the book and the movie at Spiegel International)
ENGLISH PRESS RELEASE FOR THE BOOK – DOWNLOAD PDF
Excerpts from my CV
Film & TV
ikonoTV (Art TV Channel, Berlin, 2008-2013)
– Editor in Chief, Blogger, Social Media. www.ikono.org
Ikono Menasa (Arabsat HDTV, 2010-2013)
– Managing editor, social media for the Arab HD art channel.
“Hotel Lux (Feature film, Germany, 2011)
– Historical Consultant and researcher
“Beneath Hill 60” (Feature Film, Australia, 2009)
– Consultant and translator.
Art Dubai 2009
– Producer of a short daily show on screens at the fair, documentation of panel talks and short documentary about the fair.
“Chew the Fat” (Guggenheim Museum/New York, Neugerriemschneider/Berlin, 2007-2008)
– Consultant/Editor for 12 Movies by Rirkrit Tiranavija. See http://www.ttdocs.com
“Science of Horror” (Totho, 90 min., Germany, 2008)
– Consultant and script doctoring for a documentary about the horror genre. http://www.scienceofhorror.de
“Dean Reed-The Red Elvis” (Totho / Neue Visionen, 90 min., Germany, 2007)
– Documentary based on my book about socialism’s biggest pop star, Dean Reed. Premiered at the Berlin Film Festival 2007.
– English Info: http://www.popmoderne.de/The_red_Elvis_Info.pdf
“Südwild” (Bavarian Television B3, Munich, 2008)
– Managing Editor: working with teenagers on a daily TV show in various Bavarian cities
“Stadt in Angst” (Soulcage Department, Bremen, Germany, 2003)
– Short screenplays and consulting
Translations (German/Englisch & English/German)
Translabor (since 2009) – Translation service (German/English & English/German)
Freelance translator and subtitles for various clients. See TRANSLABOR:
I have done Subtitles (Annotation Edit) and translations for various movies and TV documentaries (Sky TV and others since 2008). Contact me for a combo of subs and a quality translation (German/English or English/German) to save time and money.
SKY / Creation Club (CC) (2007-2013)
– Translator for numerous TV documentaries (“History Channel”, “Discovery Channel”, “Biography Channel”)
“Close to the Knives – Memoirs of Disintegration” – Novel by David Wojnarowicz
(Mox und Maritz Publisher, Bremen, Hardcover, 2006)
Interfilm – Short Film Festival (Berlin, 2007)
– Live interpreter for panel talks.
– Consulting, blog and more than a 1000 city pages for the launch.
– Consulting and content for the launch in Germany. www.yelp.de
Zoon.com (Volkswagen, 1999-2001)
– Managing editor for various Volkswagen projects (zoon.com, autolernwerkstatt.de)
Lunchables.de (Kraft Jacobs Suchard, 1998)
– Concepter, Managing editor
Popmoderne Blog (since 1999)
– Bilingual popculture blog at stern.manilasites.com, 1999 -2000, news.antville.org, 2000 -2008 and popmoderne.wordpress.com since 2009
Freelance writer for “Global Post”, “Junge Welt” & “taz – die tageszeitung”, “Rolling Stone”, telepolis.de, “TV Diskurs”, “Zitty Berlin” and others (since 1990)
“Last Order: Battle Angel Alita”, No. 1-19 & Other Stories (Carlsen Comics, 2002-2013)
– Editor for Japanese comics (Mangas)
“TwentyOne” (Agenda21 /City of Bremen, 1999)
– Concepter & editor in chief for a free monthly paper in Bremen which won the “European Newspaper Award 1999” (Medium Magazin) in the category “Innovation”
“Panel – Ambixioux Comix” (1990-current)
– Publisher, editor and author for one of the most respected international comic- magazines.
– Awards: “Best International Independent Magazine” 2002 (Comicfestival Sierre, Switzerland), “Prix Alph-Art” for “Best International Independent Magazine” 1998 (Angouleme, France), ICOM-Award for “Best German Independent Publication” 1998, 2000 and 2002 (Comic Salon Erlangen, Germany)
“taz bremen” (1992-1999)
– Freelance writer with a regular column (“Dr. Blohm & Herr Voss”) for the daily newspaper.
Inhouse (Gewoba, 1997-1998)
– Managing editor, customer magazine
Booking & Promotion
Another Country Bookshop (2000-2005)
– Booker and promoter for readings and small music events
Kamikaze Konzerte (1993-1999)
– Freelance booker in Bremen, Germany for more than 250 bands from all over the world and two international film festivals
European Tour Manager, Merchandiser, Driver, Babysitter etc. (1990-2009)
– Many bands incl. Propagandhi (1996, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2009) and I-Spy (1995) from Winnipeg (Canada), 88 Fingers Louie from Chicago (1996), F.Y.P. from L.A. (1997), Miozän (1993, 1995), A.S.E. (1998) …
English and Political Science, 1991-1997
Assistant teacher for German
Long Lake High School, Minnesota, USA (1991)
English and Political Science, 1990-1991
Office, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, HTML, Social Media, 3D
German (level: native speaker), English (level: expert)
References available upon request